Search for companies, products and people

indiatimes shopping


indiatimesshopping


Indiatimes Shopping is the ecommerce division of Times Internet. In 2000, Times Internet launched Indiatimes.com – its flagship online portal. Today Indiatimes.com is one of the most popular portal in India. Times Internet Limited (TIL) is the internet & mobile venture of the Times Group. Indiatimes.com covers a wide range of online services like news, entertainment, e-commerce, email, blogs, music, video and location based services. According to alexa ranking, Indiatimes.com is the only Indian website which ranked in top 150 most visited website in the world.

In 2005, The Times Group had 90% stake in Times Internet limited. The remaining 10% stake was held by Seqouia Capital. In 2010, Indiatimes bought back Sequoia Capital Stake. In 2002, Times Internet launched an e-commerce platform, ‘Indiatimes Shopping’ through Indiatimes portal.For a long time ‘Indiatimes Shopping’ operated essentially as a marketplace model, much like eBay, with sellers being allowed to sell directly on the website under their name and warranty. However, it has recently made moves towards the stocking mode of operation.


URL

shopping.indiatimes



Founder(s)

Times Internet Limited


Alexa Ranking
December, 2013
Rank in India

9

Rank in World

Parent Company

Times Internet Limited



Founded Year

2002



Number of Employee
1001-5000 employees

Head Office
Gurgaon, India

Career Page

careers indiatimes



Major Acquisitions

NA



Funding


Startup Story


Timeline


Wiki