Mindtree Limited is an Indian multinational information technology and outsourcing company headquartered in Bangalore, India and New Jersey, USA. Founded in 1999, the company employs approximately 16,500+ employees with annual revenue of $700+ million. The company deals in e-commerce, mobile applications, cloud computing, digital transformation, data analytics, EAI and ERP, with more than 240 clients and offices in over 25 countries. Its largest operations are in India and major markets are United States and Europe. The company was formed on 18 August 1999 by ten IT professionals, who formerly worked for Cambridge Technology Partners, Lucent Technologies, and Wipro.
In August 1999, Mindtree Consulting Private Limited was founded by ten IT professionals of which three of them invested through an entity incorporated in Mauritius. It was funded by the venture capital firms Walden International and Sivan Securities, and later in 2001 from the Capital Group and Franklin Templeton. It became a public company on 12 December 2006 and was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange. The IPO opened on 9 February 2007 and closed on 14 February 2007. The IPO was oversubscribed more than 100 times. Mindtree announced a new brand identity and logo, with the slogan "Welcome to possible" on September 28, 2012.
Mindtree Chennai at Ramanujan IT City Sez
As of 2012 the company had 28 offices in 14 countries. Mindtree setup its first U.S. delivery center (USDC) in Gainesville, Florida, under the leadership of Scott Staples, co-founder and Global Head of Sales.
Digital Pumpkin, the company's research and development lab, is at Bengaluru, India
The company specializes in Application Development and Maintenance, Data Analytics, Digital Services, EAI BPM (Enterprise Application Integration and Business Process Management), Engineering R&D, Enterprise Application Services, Independent Testing, Infrastructure Management Services and IT Strategy & Consulting.
Mindtree provides various Research and Development services such as Bluetooth Solutions, Digital Video Surveillance, MindTest(Integrated Test Methodology), MWatch(IT infrastructure management and service platform), Atlas (Application Managed Services), SAP Insurance and OmniChannel.
Mindtree’s business is structured around clients in key verticals such as Banking, Capital Markets, Consumer Devices & Electronics, Consumer Packed Goods, Independent Software Vendors, Manufacturing, Insurance, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Semiconductors and Travel and Hospitality industry.
Mindtree has a total of 17,000+ employees as of March 2016, of which 28% were women. Its workforce consists of employees representing 48 nationalities working from various offices across the globe. Out of its total workforce, 94% are software professionals and remaining 6% work for support and sales.
|Name ||Acquisition date ||Activities ||Country of HQ ||Price ||Employees |
|ASAP Solutions ||2004 ||SAP & ERP ||India & United States ||NA ||120 || |
|Linc Software Services Pvt Ltd ||2005 ||Application development and Maintenance domains for Mid-Range Systems ||India ||$7 million ||220 || |
|CoSystems ||2005 ||Telecom (Captive Development Center – Indian division) ||United States ||₹ 10 million ||20 || |
|TES-Purple Vision ||2007 ||Electronics(IC Design). Indian Division. Subsidiary of TES Electronic Solutions SA. ||France ||$6.55 million ||150 || |
|Aztecsoft ||2008 ||Product engineering and Testing services company. Aztecsoft acquired Disha Technologies a testing company in 2004 ||India ||₹ 40 million ||2200 || |
|Kyocera Wireless India Pvt Ltd ||2009 ||Wireless services. Indian R&D Division ||Japan ||$6 million ||600 || |
|7Strata ||2010 ||Remote infrastructure management services ||India ||₹ 7.2 million ||90 || |
|Discoverture Solutions LLC ||Jan 2015 ||Property and Casualty Insurance ||United States ||$15 million ||300 || |
|Bluefin Solutions Limited ||July 2015 ||IT solutions, SAP HANA solutions ||United Kingdom ||£42.3 million || || |
|Relational Solutions Inc ||July 2015 ||IT solutions — CPG ||United States ||$10 million || || |
|Magnet 360 ||Jan 2016 ||Salesforce consulting ||USA ||$50 million ||100 || |
|Name ||Location |
|Mindtree Software (Shanghai) Co. Ltd ||Republic of China |
|Discoverture Solutions L.L.C. ||United States |
|Bluefin Solutions Limited ||United Kingdom |
|Bluefin Solutions Inc. ||United States |
|Bluefin Solutions Sdn Bhd ||Malaysia |
|Blouvin (Pty) Limited ||South Africa |
|Bluefin Solutions Pte Ltd ||Singapore |
|Relational Solutions Inc. ||United States |
|Magnet 360, LLC ||United States |
|Reside, LLC ||United States |
|M360 Investments, LLC ||United States |
|Numerical Truth, LLC ||United States |
Mindtree Foundation is a unit of Mindtree that works in the pursuit of better living for people with disabilities and enhancement in the quality of primary education. Mindtree Foundation was incorporated on 20 November 2007 under section 25 of Companies Act. Html//Mindtree Mindtree’s employees, assistive technologies and associations with NGOs help to provide:
- Launched 'Udaan' ,a scholarship program to support the medical education of underprivileged students in association with Narayana Hrudayalaya Charitable Trust.
- Launched 'I Got Garbage' ,a cloud-based platform aimed to simplify waste management and transform every waste picker in Bangalore, India into an entrepreneur through a structured and governed waste management framework.
- Individual Social Responsibility – Employees join the cause of donation of old clothes/toys/books, distribution of solar lanterns, caring for the elderly, cleaning up the city, blood and organ donation.
- Education to underprivileged children with a special emphasis on people with disability
- Relief of poverty by way of assistance to food, shelter and clothing
- Relief of distress caused by natural calamities of nature
Mindtree Foundation is associated with:
- Missionaries of Charity (M.O.C.)
- Gandhiji Shanti Nivas Leprosy Rehabilitation Center
- Sparsh Foundation
- Spastics Society of Karnataka (SSK)
- Sikshana Educational Development program
- Rural Government School Children
- AMBA Centers for Economic Empowerment of the Intellect
Awards and recognition
- Mindtree named in Forbes India’s first ever Super 50 list based on consistent shareholder returns, sales growth and return on equity.
- Mindtree named a Leader in Zinnov's Global R&D Service Provider Ratings for the Third Year in a Row in 2014.
- Mindtree was ranked #1 under the categories "Best Managed IT/Software/Technology Company in Asia" and the "Best Managed Company in India" for 2013 by Euromoney’s Annual Asia Company Ranking.
- Mindtree wins the "Most Promising Company of the Year" Award from CNBC TV18 in 2013.
- Selected by Forbes Asia as one of the "200 Best Under A Billion companies" of 2012.
- Positioned as the third leading semiconductor R&D service provider in a survey conducted by Zinnov Management Consulting that covered India, China, Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Texas Instruments 2008 Supplier Excellence Award – the first Indian company to win this award.